We are Family Medicine.
At the FMEC, we believe Family Medicine is critical to improving the health of the nation. We are working to achieve the full potential of Family Medicine through our organizational goals.
FMEC organizational goals:
- We inspire medical students to seek a career in Family Medicine
- We create and sustain regional teams that support cost-effective, quality improvement initiatives
- We support and stimulate innovative approaches to primary care service delivery
- We strengthen academic Family Medicine by providing faculty development mentoring and leadership experiences
- We support residents as they transition in their careers
To achieve the goals, we work with our member organizations which include: Medical school-based Departments of Family Medicine, Family Medicine Residency Programs, State Chapters of the American Academy of Family Physicians, Primary Care Associations, Community Health Centers and community-based and hospital-owned Primary Care Practices.